Crap Cleaner feature that you used and its safe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Condor

howdy

This is the first time I try using ccleaner, but i'm little worry on what to deleted or using ther auto fix all feature.

All i wanted to do is delete the old program that still left in the registry, or delete anything that help prevent my PC from getting problem later on.

So i wanna ask: which feature is the best and safety to highlight in Ccleaner?

On the left panel of this screenshot, which one is safe to tick? and are the list on the right safe to delete or should I leave them alone for now since my PC isn't giving me any problem?

Once you click on Fix selected issues... you will be asked "Do you want to backup changes to the registry?" YES

You need to be aware, that this area - registry cleaning. Is critical.
Sometimes all works well, other times Windows won't load again! (so backup registry doesn't even matter)

Repairing/cleaning the registry, on many entries (say more than one!) requires lots of research and what-ifs.

You could just be brave and do the lot. But that's up to you. (it's a 70/30 chance I feel - ie it should be ok)

Normally no one can advise on many registry entry changes. Just researching one area takes a while. CCleaner forum suggests, mark them all, select Repair, then Backup.

Mind you we've all done it once, maybe it's your turn :)

nice encourage speech yet with a caution approach, i like that : D

I'll take your advice and do a little research first ^.^v

I just clean the lot and back up the registry, no problems so far and I've been using CC for a while now.

I use crap cleaner all the time I have never come across one instance where it was unsafe. If you leave everything on default you will be ok. If you dare, you can tweak it as you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back