TechSpot

Crash Course DLC now available, Left 4 Dead on sale for $15 on Steam

By Matthew
Sep 29, 2009
  1. Keeping its promise, Valve has pushed out new downloadable content for its popular zombie shooter, Left 4 Dead. Called "Crash Course," the update brings a new campaign, which falls between the events of "No Mercy" and "Death Toll," and features fresh locations, dialogue, refined item spawning and more. As we've noted in the past, the DLC is available to PC gamers for free via Steam, but owners of the Xbox 360 version must cough up 560 Microsoft Points -- about $7.

Read the whole story

2. eafshar

eafshar TS Rookie Posts: 86

damn i bought the game last month for 39.99. dont really regret it tho. really gd game.

3. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,589   +351

I'm not into L4D but based on the commentary you see everywhere (including some TS staff members), there is no doubt Valve has a knack for the perfect gameplay balance, starting with the original Half Life and basically every single title they have released from then and on.

4. JasAce

JasAce TS Rookie

LOVE THIS GAME! Just sent this link to some buddies that have been waiting for the price to drop. They better get it now! Really is the best use of teamwork I've seen in a Co-op game in a long time.

5. BlindObject

BlindObject TS Rookie Posts: 446

Just bought it. =)

6. Per Hansson

Per Hansson TS Server Guru Posts: 1,932   +126 Staff Member

I'm with Julio, while I don't really fancy L4D myself Valve sure seems to know how to make successful games

7. Eddie_42

Eddie_42 TS Rookie Posts: 213

Saturday is the 3rd

Think I will be picking this one up myself. I've got friends that have been telling me to buy it and I just didnt want to spend the money, half price makes it much better.

8. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,086   +84 Staff Member

Haha, you're right Eddie. I got that date from Shacknews without looking at a calendar myself. I've fixed it now, thank you.

9. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 982   +89

Steam's servers buckled from the load last night! When I found out about the DLC, it took me 20+ retries in Steam to get a complete download at 5:00 PM Pacific Time. Once ready, the servers lagged and bounced me out a few times in the game. Which is something unusual in the past 6 months that I've played L4D. I think that does a pretty good job of expressing how popular this game is.

10. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,524   +324

LOL at 9Nails! I had the exact same issue! well the update download went fine but once in the game, I couldn't get a good connection to save my life! hope its been fixed for tonights play!

11. guyver1

guyver1 TS Enthusiast Posts: 106

Crash Course = Crash and Burn imho.

Very disappointed compared to the other campaigns

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.