Crashed Hard Drive

nickc

My backup hard drive Just stopped working, and I am wondering if there is a way recover the files?

If the drive is dead, there is no way. That is just bad luck I guess haha. Backup drives are supposed to be a safety net. I would always have 3 copies. 1 copy on the main drive, and another copy on the backup drive. I think after this, you may want to move to cloud storage, or remember to copy to 2 locations.

JC, I am not dening what u said because I would like to, but at this time I have 2.8 Trig of Data on drives on my main computer and it grows daily that is on three hard drives, as far as the cloud storage, I do not think my internet connect would back that up in a day.

thanks
nickc

Hmm. You must be backing up daily. I am saying, whatever files you put on the external drive that you can't recover, like photos and such, should be backed up to the cloud. Things like games can easily be reinstalled.

Don't perform FULL backups - - use the differential technique instead. This will minimize the amount of files transferred during each backup.

Don't perform FULL backups - - use the differential technique instead. This will minimize the amount of files transferred during each backup.
What exactly is a differential backup. Is it just backing up an image of your PC along with files?

Oh man, thanks for telling me that, that will help a ton. What utilities are recommended for doing such a task?

Back