Crashes when I try to install new versions of ATi drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever I try to install the new update for my 4850. It crashes and won't install same with 9.9 and other versions :(.

I have Windows Vista 64 bit and had this problem all year long.

I think my driver is stuck on version 7.7.

Can anybody see the problem?

Did you first completely uninstall the old drivers before attempting to install the new ones?

Have you tried uninstalling through the Add/Remove program found in the Control Panel or through CCleaner's Tool option?

If you have never installed the free and completely safe CCleaner I recommend you do so. Many of us have found the uninstaller in it's Tool option to work better than the Windows one.

Have you tried uninstalling through the Add/Remove program found in the Control Panel or through CCleaner's Tool option?

If you have never installed the free and completely safe CCleaner I recommend you do so. Many of us have found the uninstaller in it's Tool option to work better than the Windows one.

I'll try that whenever I get home. I guess I should install it through safe mode also since my computer runs some unnecessary programs at start up.

I do have CCleaner but I don't use it very often. Just to uninstall and clean registry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back