Crashing after updating video driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Storm_Fish

Hey folks, I posted a day or two ago with a very specific problem, a STOP error I start receiving ONLY after installing drivers for my Radeon 9800 Pro 256bit/256mb video card.. The stop error is "STOP 0x0000007E(0x00000005,0x00000000,0xF7C8270C,0xF7C8240C)"

My computer had started to freeze up, so I reformatted and now this. Well, I put the card in another computer, and the same thing happens only after updating the driver. I can't find any information, and I'm actually trying to contact Sapphire for repairs, or a return.. But I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas, or opinions. Do you think the card is damaged? Could it be a card bios problem? I had flashed the bios to XT ones, but flashed back to a newer PRO one. Not sure why it would just go bad after so long, unless its become seriously damaged.

Thanks for the reply. I've tried many different drivers, all result in the same issue. The card only works if there is no driver at all installed.. I can't figure it out, would I get any video at all if the card was damaged?

Has the card ever worked with the new "pro" bios? If it hasn't then try either the older pro bios or the xt bios if that worked ok.

The bios that are on there have worked just fine for months. I tried installing some much older drivers, and still crashed...

Hello Storm_fish.

I think that it`s quite probable that your video card is faulty in some way.

The fact that you have tried it in another system with the same results says it all really.

I suggest that you RMA it as soon as possible.

Regards and good luck Howard :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back