Crazy message is driving me crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relatively ignorant on this problem. I have a gigabyte GA 7zx motherboard with an 800 duron chip. Have a PNY nvidia graphics card and have recently put in a Diamond DT-688 sound card. As in the post below I can't get recording to work with the mic. I tried reinstalling the drivers again and now I am getting a message which reads, "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive\Device\Harddisk2\DR5"

I haven't a clue what this means since I don't know how to put a disk in a harddisk. Any ideas?

Well its probably reffering to some kind of storage device you are using, if you have any beside One EIDE harddisk...

What's the Operating system you're working with? Do you have 2hardrives or a zip drive or something? A SCZI drive perhaps? Are you trying, albeit inadvertantly, to record on your CDRW drive?

Here is a possible solution...

Do you have a "\Device\Harddisk2\DR5" or similar error when starting Windows 2000? It happens when your various drives are assigned drive letters in unusual orders, for example after a Windows Repair. Here is how I solved the problem:

Go to Start --> Settings --> Control Panel --> Administrative Tools --> Computer Management --> Disk Management, right click the disk and/or partition of interest and select "Change Drive Letter and Path". Click "Edit" and assign a new drive letter. Repeat as necessary, shuffling drive letters until you get a "normal" lineup, i.e. all partitions on the primary HD are enumerated first (C, D, E, etc.), followed by all partitions on the secondary HD, followed by any CD/DVD drives, and then followed by removable storage drives like SD/MMC card readers. Reboot.

Note that any programs referring to or residing on a drive that had its drive letter changed are likely to cause problems and might require a re-installation.

SJO, Sept. 12th, 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back