Creating raw media (audio and video)

By Ubamae
Jun 25, 2010
  1. Hi there,
    what follows is a raw excerpt (before copy editing or final tech reviews) from chapter 20 in my book, Silverlight in Action. This is just a small portion of chapter 20, which covers the media element, streaming, using IIS Smooth streaming, using the Silverlight Media Framework, creating raw video and audio, and using the webcam and microphone APIs. I've blogged bits and pieces on this topic before, but it's such a fun topic, I thought it would be great to provide the whole raw video/audio generator here in one posting.

Note that in the print edition, the #A #B etc. letters are replaced by graphic cueballs and the numbered ones (#1, #2 etc.) are replaced by inline side-note text in the listing

I'm feverishly working to wrap the book up; my initial chapters will all be turned over for final editing before July 1. This has been an exciting (and long <g>) book to write. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have. :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.