Creative 5.1 sound blaster card not working

By mahesh9985
Jan 24, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello,
    I just installed a creative 5.1 channel soundblaster soundcard. The problem is that when I connect it up to my 5.1 sound system, the subwoofer is not working. Everything else is working, including the centre speaker which uses the same jack as the subwoofer.

Here are the details:
    Sound card: Creative SoundBlaster 5.1 It has 4 jacks, 3 is for output (Front, Rear, Centre/Sub) and the other one is for line in and microphone.

Sound System: iBall booster 5.1

i have checked all the connection

I tested the speakers with a 5.1 dvd player. Everything is working, including the subwoofer.

I dont know why the subwoofer is not working when I connect it to the sound card.
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,748   +156

Download and install the latest drivers for your card from Creative's website
  3. mahesh9985

mahesh9985 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

i have already installed the latest drivers from creative website.... but the problem is still the same. Center/subwoofer jack gives only center output and no subwoofer sound.
  4. Tmagic650

You must be in India... You might try another sound card... The iBall system looks like a very good sound system
  5. mahesh9985

ya am in India. The iBall system is good. why you are suggesting another sound card. i have already replaced it once. what else can be done.
  6. Tmagic650

You have tested the iBall, are you using the proper cable(s) from the iBall to the computer? Have you carefully checked the Creative cards output settings? If so, there is nothing more that I can help you with
  7. mahesh9985

i have checked the center/subwoofer jack with earphones, am getting sound only in left earphone.
  8. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,265   +41

windows will detect speaker settings also, make sure they are linear with your soundblaster settings or you may have issues, This happened to me and my sound card a few years back. Usually there is a switch on the subwoofer also for 2.0/4.1./5.1 settings, check that out also.
  9. mahesh9985

in windows speaker setting, i have kept 5.1 surround sound speakers and the subwoofer setting is kept to 5.1. what other settings needs to be done.
  10. Tmagic650

"make sure they are linear with your soundblaster settings"...

Is there a "linear" setting in the SoundBlaster options?
  11. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,265   +41

No, i mean..."are the settings with soundblaster the same with the settings with windows. Vista has detected hardware for me before, if something is connected incorrectly, the settings wont be the same as in your sb options.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.