Creative Console launcher "What U Hear" setting & GuitarFX 3 mega-feedback problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have a Creative X-Fi Gamer, I'm using it to try & record myself playing guitar using GuitarFX. If I just use the Creative Console Launcher's "Microphone" setting combined with GuitarFX everything is fine (the effects in GuitarFX sound how they should) but if I select "What U Hear" In the Creative Console Launcher I get far to much sound coming through my speakers most of the time (some preset effects settings in GuitarFX are usable but most are wrecked), the sound bars in guitarFX go off the scale, it's like mega feedback. Just a constant screech or drone & doing anything on the guitar makes no difference. I've even tried it without my guitar plugged into the PC & the same thing happens.
I'm using the Creative Console Launcher's record function to record some guitar, all I'm interested in is some way for me to record the effects GuitarFX creates for my guitar as I hear them through my speakers when I have the Creative Console Launcher's setting in the "Microphone" position? ie GuitarFX sounding as it should. I'd rather find some way to record the guitar onto my PC rather than go through the hassle of plugging something into speakers jack to record it there.
Thanks in advance for any replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back