TechSpot

Creative Inspire T5900 Speakers reccomend sound card?

By James NFFC fan
Aug 11, 2005
  1. I have recently purchased the T5900 5.1 speakers from Amazon UK for use with my Toshiba Qosmio G10-100. Firstly, can anyone tell me if my Qosmio supports 5.1 audio output, I'm pretty sure it does with it being a Media Center PC and all, and secondly, can anyone recommend an affordable sound card that would enable me to use the 5.1 speakers properly, playing background noises etc. I have seen that Creative offer options here but I'm not sure specifically what I need... A PC Card would be good seeing as it's a laptop I have.
    Thanks, James

2. James NFFC fan

James NFFC fan TS Rookie Topic Starter

P.s.

P.S. I'm a bit of a novice so don't be too technical with me... I'm not bad at computing but I need newer things explaining to me clearly.
    Thanks

3. pkillur

pkillur TS Rookie

I have nearly (bit older model) the same speakers, and I use an audigy 2. AT the time I bought it (2 + years ago) the audigy was like $120, but now it's like 50-70 USD here in the states. It is a good place to go to get 5.1. Creative is the best mainstream audio card mfg.

[​IMG] http://www.uglyorangetruck.com

4. James NFFC fan

Audigy

Thanks I'll look into it $50-70 is only about £30

5. TS | Thomas

TS | Thomas TS Rookie Posts: 1,327

Far as I can tell your Laptop doesn't support 5.1 analog output. As such you'd need a USB Soundcard. As you're aware Creative does several USB Soundcards which support 5.1. Philips also has a 5.1 Aurilium out there too, several others do too. If you use 5.1 soundcard as a search phrase you'll find them :)

6. James NFFC fan

Creative Soundblaster Live

I found the Soundblaster Live! External on Amazon, that should do the job right? It is affordable for me too.
    - James -

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.