Creative Surround Sound Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cybersciver

I have a 7.1 surround setup using Creative's T7900 speaker system and a Creative Audigy 2 Platinum ZS card. The cable hooking into subwoofer/amplifier has the usual connectors (orange/black/green/grey) but only three run to the card, the grey being terminated. This setup is unique to Creative apparently. Their top-of-the-range Gigaworks 7.1 system uses the same 4/3 setup.
I have a second rig which connects to the same speaker system , with a Creative Extreme-Music card which only provides 5.1 surround. 7.1 is supported but needs the fourth grey connector to activate the side speakers. I've tried to contact Creative about this and failed & there's nothing on their website. Does anyone have a solution? Is there a 4/4 cable available to replace the 4/3 which would work with both cards?

The one with the 2ZS is an Ante P180 sli setup with an Asus mbd and 2x8800GT's and the other (with the Extreme Music) is a Cosmos 1000 with an Abit P35 Pro and 8800GTX. Does that help you with my problem?

Nice systems. I just purchased an ABIT P35 Pro today. What operating systems are you running on these? Vista?

XP Pro & Vista 32 on the Antec (Samsung F1 750GB, two partitions) & XP Pro, Vista32 & Vista 64 on the Cosmos - another F1 750 for the Vistas and a 80GB Samsung for the XP Pro. Abit 35 Pro is a good board, running an E8400 at 4.05GHz on mine - need a good cooler though.

You bet! It's the only way to go, XP's faster for dx9 games & 64 bit OS is the future. Not quite there yet tho'!

"You bet! It's the only way to go"...

And this brings you here with a problem? Sounds like you are trying to do something that is not possible... at this time, or at least, without modifying an existing cable

the x64 bit XP is not a good operating system, get rid of it and u will have less problems. the VISTA 64 is a whole lot better, and has drivers for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back