Crossfire HD 5770 or one GTX 460

I currently have a very descent gaming rig but want to upgrade the video card. I run a MSI Radeon 5770 and was wondering If i would get more performance if i crossfire 2 of these or bought a GTX 460. Either way the uprgrade would be around the same price wise. Any comment or suggestion are appreciated. If theirs a better way to go also let me know. Just heard great stuff about the 460 but crossfiring also 2 5770's also seems comparable.

EDIT: EXCUSE TITLE...dont have a 5570 but a 5770

I have a third option for you :) . How about getting this Radeon 5850 for $140 bucks? Performance wise it will be slightly below the crossfired 5770 at stock but should overall be a very solid card with a lot of OC headroom. On top of that you could sell your 5770 and maybe earn half your money back while gaining ~40% boost in performance depending on the game.

I have a third option for you :) . How about getting this Radeon 5850 for $140 bucks? Performance wise it will be slightly below the crossfired 5770 at stock but should overall be a very solid card with a lot of OC headroom. On top of that you could sell your 5770 and maybe earn half your money back while gaining ~40% boost in performance depending on the game.

I agree with him.

Grab a 5850 for 140 bucks or nVidia 460 1GB for 140 to 150 ,, much less on top of that rebates probably etc..

Back