Crossfire vs SLI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Rayy,
both crossfire and SLI are hugely dependent on driver support for their efficiency and function. ATI has the edge as they put out a new driver set each month. over the last year driver support has improved crossfire performance upwards of 30%.

i think crossfire scales better in most games and like red said ati releases new drivers every month :)

Both of them work fairly well in most cases, but some games have a tenancy to gain no performance or, in rare cases, lose performance (ahem, Crysis) when SLI is enabled. I do not know if Crossfire has the same issues, but I would imagine that it does with certain games because the technology is extremely dependent on driver support to ensure efficient use of multiple cards driving one monitor.

lol ati drivers are imo a lot better than nvidia drivers since they are being worked on all the time and crossfire doesn't take a hit in crysis :)

Does Crossfire support dual monitors? I haven't looked into it, but I suppose if it does then Crossfire is better than SLI in most cases.

dont they preform better in thier own respective ways, but sli might win in most tests

in a word, no. crossfire out performs SLI in every facet. driver support is superior and is even further exemplified in tri and quad card configurations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back