TechSpot

Crucial M4 SSDs get mainstream pricing

By Matthew
Apr 4, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Although Micron began shipping review samples of its RealSSD C400 (Crucial M4) a few weeks ago, the company has been quiet about pricing. Naturally, this made it difficult for hardware reviewers to depict the drive's value accurately. The RealSSD C400 represents a mild performance gain over last year's C300 during light workloads, but it's handily dispatched by competing drives from OCZ and Intel when it comes to heavy multitasking.

Read the whole story
  2. Would be nice if you guys write the prices and models in tabular form. Is it too hard to do that. You, the writer, your mission is for people to read this... with ease.. so that they will come back and read more.
    -Your Boss
  3. Lokalaskurar

Lokalaskurar TS Enthusiast Posts: 616

The Crucial mainstream pricing might be mainstream compared to a SSD-drive (at $2 per GbB). However there's still a long way to go before SSD-drives reaches the rather comfortable pricing of ordinary hard drives. Of course, Crucial is no exception.
  4. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TS Evangelist Posts: 1,066   +39

I can seem to understand just fine. I'm still here and always coming back.
  5. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +90

Don't feed the troll...
  6. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,060   +84 Staff Member

Well, I agree that a short table with the drives and prices would've made the article easier to digest. Thanks for the feedback guest, even if it was a bit trollish. :)
  7. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,265   +41

A bit? That guy was waiting for you under the bridge.
  8. Steve

Steve TechSpot Staff Posts: 1,353   +440 Staff Member

And he is green with little pointy ears...

On a more serious note I hope Crucial can get us some samples soon ;)
  9. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,496   +304

No no no! we want a Vertex 3 run down! :)
  10. I just want some improvement for the people like me.

They build ramps for the disabled... why not build tabular forms for people like me who are disabled because we are lacking neurons and dendrites, unlike the posters above me. Tabular forms would really give us instant quick grasps of what the hell you are talking about.

Seriously... that guy 'guest' (first post) was just giving some suggestion.
  11. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,304   +52 Staff Member

<trolltag>
    Sorry Steve, I'll wait for the TechRadar review... *cough* *cough*
    http://www.techspot.com/news/43112-usb-30-64gb-flash-drive-round-up.html#comments
    </trolltag>

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.