Crysis 2 demo looking like a console port?

yRaz

I can't help but notice more things that makes it look like a console port. It started with the "enter" key being the "start" button on screen. The way the multiplayer games are setup it seems like they want an xbox live type setup. Once in game the maps seemed to be designed around consoles with them being as small as they are.

Something that I just noticed is in the menu under "Game." You will see the option "Aim Assistance." I don't think that is something that PC gamers want or need. I've only ever seen that on console games so this is worrying me.

I think(hope) that it was just the demo that was ported from console and the final game will not be anything like this.

what does everyone else think?

i thought the demo looked decent, @ 1080p and with "hardcore" settings enabled anyways. it's clear that there are some console-like design elements but it's not really a port. it's true that crytek had to be conservative with the console versions but the PC demo looks a hell of a lot better than what i saw in the 360 demo... which wasn't even to par with the first crysis. the game is already in publishing stages i believe so it's likely that the full game will be very much like the demo. i don't really see the big deal in having to press enter at the start or having the option of aim assistance...

i thought the demo looked decent, @ 1080p and with "hardcore" settings enabled anyways. it's clear that there are some console-like design elements but it's not really a port. it's true that crytek had to be conservative with the console versions but the PC demo looks a hell of a lot better than what i saw in the 360 demo... which wasn't even to par with the first crysis. the game is already in publishing stages i believe so it's likely that the full game will be very much like the demo. i don't really see the big deal in having to press enter at the start or having the option of aim assistance...

It just seems like those are all console elements to me. There are certain limitations that you have to consider when making a console game. The graphics are very nice, no complaint there.

The thing with start or Aim Assistance isn't really a big deal. I just don't want to see a title that made it on PC go console.

EDIT: apparently the servers are down for MP. I've also heard it is going to ship in DX9 only and that DX11 comes later this year.

Wish I could even get into the demo :haha: . It keeps erroring out on me for an invalid user name that is valid and works fine on MyCrysis.

But from everything I read it appears to be very similar game play wise to that of the 360 demo which I have played. Sadly that didn't feel anything like Crysis and more of a Halo/CoD hybrid which is definitely meh.

I'm sensing the demo is likely more a port then anything else, I just hope the final release won't have these issues. And there better not be 'aim-assist' and 'television brightness' options in the final PC release.

I've also heard it is going to ship in DX9 only and that DX11 comes later this year.

That appears to be the case which is definitely not good news.

Back