Crysis 2 multiplayer demo for Steam

jeremy1982

does this demo not work anymore? everytime i log into the game none of the servers come up when i hit the refresh button!! When i go to the history tab in join game all the servers ping are at 999!! yeah the game comes out tommorow but still should be able to play the demo still!!

Is anyone else having this problem?

It was a limited timed demo that expired a few days ago, dumb I know :mad: . So I don't believe you will be able to try the game out legally anymore. If you're looking for feedback regarding the game the MyCrysis forum is a good place to start.

I personally played the demo and maybe logged 7-8 hrs or so. It definitely feels a lot different from Crysis, and reminds me more of a mainstream/CoDish shooter rather than something unique. The graphics are also not bad considering they are DX9 only (which is all that will be available at launch), nevertheless considering this is Crytek a lot of PC gamers were disappointed with them. I myself plan on getting the game for at least the single player experience & epic music score, but probably not during the initial launch as I don't think it's worth $60.

i found it as if my bullets were going right threw the enemy, that was something i had hard time dealing with!! if i turned it went blurry realy quick then back to normal looking or is that just part of the game?

That could be a latency issue, as I myself was experiencing some of that too. What irritated me most besides the complete lack of settings and console vibe was just the simplicity of killing the opposing team. We're supposed to be super soldiers but we die ridiculously fast, and maximum armor did not make a huge impact.

Regarding the blur, I believe that is apart of the game, kind of a smoke & mirror thing used for improved console play that the rest of us must live with.

yeah i was having hard time with dieing real fast to!! I know im not good but i thought armor would keep you alive longer lol!! The blur is part of the game then right on i thought my computer wasn't strong enough for it lol. I have way better than the minimum requirements so thank you for that info!!

That depends on your personal gaming preference and if you liked the demo. For me the multiplayer is not what I imagined it to be and sort of an overall turn off from a day one buy on top of some other issues. However I very much want to see the single player as I enjoyed what they did with Crysis, but that alone isn't worth $60 bucks so I will probably wait for this game to drop in price.

I loved the demo. I loved the new style of gameplay. Sure, it's been done before, but I had a great time with it. Fast paced with additional powers made it unique every time I played. I'm sad to hear I can't play the demo anymore, I probably spent 30 hours in it.

I don't mind the game at all but lots of the time when i had my X-hairs on the enemy it just felt like my bullets were going right through them!!

Back