Crysis 3 confirmed, box art leaked, full details coming April 16

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

Considering the franchise's popularity, there wasn't really any doubt about another Crysis game being in the works, but the upcoming entry has been confirmed after a series of leaks. EA jumped the gun today, briefly posting Crysis 3 on Origin. The listing was swiftly retracted, but not before Webgoers could grab a screenshot (below). Although Origin pulled the entry, remnants of the download page are still indexed on Google.

crysis

Since that blunder, NeoGAF readers have discovered high-resolution box art and a teaser indicating that Crysis 3 will be featured in an upcoming issue of Game Reactor. If you haven't caught on yet, there are few official details, but the box art depicts a Crysis soldier donning a nanosuit and a lethal compound bow. The background reveals an urban setting, suggesting that the game won't return to the jungle -- or at least not entirely.

crysis

Based on the premature listings, Crysis 3 will ship on PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 for $49.99 -- $10 cheaper than Crysis 2's launch rate. A pricier Limited Edition is expected, but there's no word on what it'll have. In a statement to The Verge, EA said "the best kept secret in shooters just can't be contained," though the company won't cough up more details until April 16 -- presumably coinciding with Game Reactor's publishing schedule.

Permalink to story.

I hope it's 49.99 at release. Publishers are trying to make these 59.99 releases standard but I refuse to buy games that go for 59.99. Too much for me.

Tomorrow they will announce that due to the piracy of the box art, they will no longer be releasing it for the PC.

Lol. So they just left 2 as the crashing piece of crap with Nvidia as it is.

Intersted in seeing how much this one's gonna look like CoD.

It will cost $70, contain one level and a .22 caliber pistol, all enemies, other guns, and other maps will be on the disk though and be unlockable though Origin. The collectors edition will contain all of the above PLUS a piece of printer paper that says "Crysis 3" written with a Sharpie for only $110.

darkshadoe said:
It will cost $70, contain one level and a .22 caliber pistol, all enemies, other guns, and other maps will be on the disk though and be unlockable though Origin. The collectors edition will contain all of the above PLUS a piece of printer paper that says "Crysis 3" written with a Sharpie for only $110.

When I saw the compound bow I thought "great, I wonder how much they'll charge for the arrows..." heh.

I won't buy it. I'll just wait for the game play and reviews. I blindly bought crysis2 for the pc because crysis 1 was so good. Don't get me wrong i crysis 2 is a good game, but not how crysis or crysis warhead was.

I ain't touching it until it ends up in the $5.00 Steam bargain-bin sale. It may have taken me a while, but after Crysis 2, Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3, I've learned not to trust ANYTHING that has an EA stamp on it.

?Gun control? We need bullet control! I think every bullet should cost 5,000 dollars.? - Chris Rock

"This guy is onto something." - CEO of EA

Matthew said:
darkshadoe said:

When I saw the compound bow I thought "great, I wonder how much they'll charge for the arrows..." heh.

I hope your credit score is good :p

Does this mean we will finally see Crysis 2 back on Steam? I'm still not buying until they both hit Steam.
Origin sucks!

Let me guess,

Scratch of the 2 ..and draw in a 3 ..

add a BOW .. and DONE! ..

BEST CRYSIS EVER!

i can just hope that 3rd version will also take place on a tropical paradise. i hated 2nd one strongly.
and why he is using bow

QUOTE:
"Based on the premature listings, Crysis 3 will be ship on PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 for $49.99 "

Typo there, not to be annoying but it was just there and i thought it best that i say something. :)

ship should be shipped?

QUOTE:
"Based on the premature listings, Crysis 3 will be ship on PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 for $49.99 "

Typo there, not to be annoying but it was just there and i thought it best that i say something. :)

ship should be shipped?

Not annoying at all. Thanks.

Is Crysis going the way of the annual EA sport game release "cash cow"?

In other news, Crysis 3 on PC was TOP pirated game of 2012!

- hey i'm in .. Got to try before I buy right?

So, with Crysis 1 we got a PC exclusive and DX10 graphics on launch day.
With Crysis 2 we got a console port with DX9 graphics
Following this logic will they make Cryis 3 work on the original Xbox?

I learned my lesson with Crysis 2, I sure wont preorder Crysis 3!

Crysis 3 needs to take place on a tropical paradise and make my computer cry for the next 6 years, that's all I'm asking. I still have a hard time getting playable frame rates on the first crysis.

Back