Crysis and Crysis Warhead 50% off, Overlord $1.50 via Steam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

As usual, Valve is offering a fantastic weekend sale through its digital distribution service, Steam. The company has substantially reduced the price of Crysis and Crysis Warhead. Both titles typically run $30 but are now available at half off for $15 each. The Crysis Maximum Edition pack that bundles the titles together is also discounted, with a total price of $30.

Originally released in late 2007, Crysis is still one of the most graphically demanding, and impressive first person shooters on the market. Recommended system requirements include a 2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ processor, 2GB of RAM, an Nvidia GeForce 8800GTS or similar graphics, 12GB of HDD space, and Windows XP, Vista or 7. To get a better idea on how your hardware might stack up, see our detailed performance analysis of Crysis and Crysis Warhead.

It's also worth noting that Overlord is currently marked down to $1.50, and the Overlord Complete Pack is $8.75, which includes Overlord, Overlord: Raising Hell, and Overlord II.

Permalink to story.

When the offer started, I think Overlord was $5 (though the pack was $8.75 like it's now). $1.50 is really a price that makes it a can't miss offer.

Crysis isn't a half bad game, it's one problem is that, when the details are turned up (and you're going to want them up) the game is a challenge to modern hardware.

I'm going to have to take a look at Overlord. I've never looked at the game before, but $1.50? Seriously hard to pass up if the game is any fun.

For a buck fitty, I might have to buy it just from the low price. But I've never played any of the Overlord series. Anyone care to comment on it?

That's a hella deal on the Crysis games. Even if you don't have the PC to run it, I'd buy it anyway at that price for the day that you do.

I've played Overlord and honestly, they'd have to PAY ME to play it again!!!

The GFX are kinda cool, but the gameplay is super boring IMO... maybe a very young gamer would enjoy it I guess.

Crysis still comes with DRM.
Absolutely not worth a buy even at discount.

For less than 9$ the Overlord Pack is a must buy even if the games aren't perfect. 3 games that have generally good reviews... at that price it is incredible! I've already added them into my steam account.

pcnthuziast said:
I've played Overlord and honestly, they'd have to PAY ME to play it again!!!

The GFX are kinda cool, but the gameplay is super boring IMO... maybe a very young gamer would enjoy it I guess.

I finished Overlord 1... started playing the expansion and got bored within 20 minutes...
never played Overlord II...

My 7 year old bro is playing the first one now lol

As the previous poster said I also played the Overlord II demo and seriously they would have to pay me to play it
Watching the intro was fun and playing like 5 mins max, after that it was just so boring they would have to pay me to play it :D

The original Overlord is supposed to be better than the sequel. Frankly, for $1.50 I don't mind if I get bored after a short while, but I didn't feel like buying all of them, in particular since the first is supposed to be the best.

Guest said:
Crysis still comes with DRM.
Absolutely not worth a buy even at discount.

Crysis has a DRM revoke tool out, it works and its an official sanctioned tool

I could say the same thing about Crysis. IT IS BORING AS HELL. You would have to pay me big to play it. After the first 20-30 min. ingame (kept me more interested than Farcry which I droped after 5 min. :p ) I had no motivation to explore the eviroment anymore and the suit just didn't do it for me. Don't get me wrong, the game is gorgeous to look at, but besides that I felt no real need to go further with it.
Ok, I might be impartial because I'm more of a RPG/3rd-person-action-adventure kind of guy (these types of games are mostly story driven). But I really liked COD:Modern Warfare, it proves that you don't need a story to make a really diverse and enjoyable campain out of it (even though it's short) and I heard COD:MW2 follows in the same path. :)

@limpagngel, you like to drop a lot of good games.
Anyways, i already had Crysis warhead but i got Crysis. It's a lot of fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back