TechSpot

Crytek-backed Gface unveils social gaming platform with OnLive-like streaming

By Jos
Feb 2, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Crytek, the studio behind the Crysis series and the CryEngine technology behind it, is helping develop a new social network service centered around gaming. Dubbed Gface -- a mash between…

Read the whole story

2. ghasmanjr

ghasmanjr TS Booster Posts: 363   +86

It would also be cool if it did this as well as showed your friend's screen. It would greatly increase strategic playing in games like Battlefield 3.

3. DICE, are you reading this? This is your best chance to implement a feature which should have been shipped with BF3 (Commander) using something that should have never been made as it is now (Battlelog) and still come out as a king.

4. Darkshadoe

Darkshadoe TS Guru Posts: 567   +105

It's like Facebook....WITH GUNS!!

5. MrAnderson

MrAnderson TS Maniac Posts: 488   +10

@darkshadoe ... lol

This is good, competition, and opening up high quality gaming and building communities by using a cloud centric model.

I wonder if AMD will ever come out with a cloud service, I remember them demoing a realtime rendering cloud system a few years back... maybe like 5... wonder if it ever came of anything.

6. So what happens when they stop streaming the game to people?
    Or they decide to replace it with some other game?
    Turns out you don't own that game, your just renting play time from their servers.
    I'm getting too old for games anyways I suppose.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.