Crytek secretly toiling away on an MMO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

Here's a rumor to jumpstart your day: Crytek might be whipping up an MMO. The LinkedIn profile of Crytek senior IT manager James Dennett suggests that the Crysis developer may be working on an unannounced MMO. Dennett's profile lists experience "designing, testing and implementing as part of the development team the systems infrastructure for an MMO online game." Of course, that's hardly concrete evidence, but there's more.

Crytek recently purchased the following domain names: "codename-kingdoms.com, codename-kingdoms.net, codenamekingdoms.com, codenamekingdoms.net, kingdomsthegame.com, kingdomsthegame.net, kingdoms-thegame.com, and kingdoms-thegame.net." Also, about a year ago, the company filed several trademarks covering computer game software and electronic games, one being "Kingdoms." Noticing a trend?

This is nothing more than speculation, and Crytek could simply be adding MMO features to CryEngine – especially since the popular MMORPG Aion is already using the engine.

Permalink to story.

Sweet! although if all users require some insane graphics card it probably won't do as well as WoW =P

Interesting. I swore off MMO's after a couple of them damn near took over my life. But I might dabble in one that Crytek puts out.

I own over 100 domain names with the words bacon and sausage. That doesn't mean I make bacon or sausage. I don't even like bacon or sausage. I just own them.

" for an MMO online game."

department of redundancy department? thats even worse than "windows 2000 based on NT technology"

...if your confused here is teh break down. MMO stands for "massively multiplayer online" and NT stood for "New Technology"

It'll be neat to see what they have planned, but I'm honestly more interested in Crysis 2 from them atm.

@poundsmack Ya it's annoying, I notice that on a lot of technology related acronyms =/ .

@kg363 Why do you own a hundred domain names with bacon and sausage? Are you trying to domain squat? And how can you NOT like bacon or sausage?

"I own over 100 domain names with the words bacon and sausage."

...Im afraid to ask........

"And how can you NOT like bacon or sausage?"

...you tell'em Relic! ROLF

red1776 said:
"I own over 100 domain names with the words bacon and sausage."

...Im afraid to ask........

"And how can you NOT like bacon or sausage?"

...you tell'em Relic! ROLF

MMMMM bacon - its like meat candy!

Status
Not open for further replies.