TechSpot

CS:S ingame ~ (mic issues)

By Tramacchi
Aug 22, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hey well, I'm running Windows XP (amd), dont think my system info is required just for this, but i do have a sound card/gcard etc...

The problem I'm having is that my mic will just **** up or not work on Counter Strike It will work on skype on vent etc. It is enabled in the options thing too. I'll go onto a server type in (voice_loopback 1) to see if I'm talking, and all I'll get is either nothing or a fragment of what i said. Then when i repeat this it will do the same or just not work at all. I've looked at (sv_use_steam_voice 0) or replacing the 0 with a 1. Both did not work as far as i can tell.

I did however get my mic working for 1 day a whole afternoon then the next day i went on and same symptoms of ****. Out of probably 30 servers i have only found one that my mic will actually stay working (just cuts out a lot and is really really bad quality on). The server i am mainly on is BFG and my mic does screw up on this. I have got a new mic however that is not the problem as far as I'm concerned due to my old one doing the exact same.

Any tips/fixes or anything will be much appreciated, again I'm almost certain its not a control panel setting or my computer. I think its a steam setting/bug or something.

Thanks,

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.