CS:S Ping Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi umm i just subscribed to this site because i thought i might be able to receive some useful tips. well my problem is that my ping is between the 150-200 range everytime i join a server and i'm just wondering is there any way to lower it so that i dont keep getting kicked out of servers? i'm on a verizon wireless wi-fi thingy (notice my lack thereof "internet teminology") the speed is 54mbps and ive only used up about 20G of my 105G of space (i really dont know if that matters but it sounds important). so yea, if you can't tell im a big "noob" to this internet thing, could you help me out and put some solutions into laymen's terms for me?

thanks so much for any help.

i did that connection speed test thing on i think it was called speakeasy (my friend told me to do it) my DL speed is 7680 and my UL speed is 3260.

Ok this seem a little strange. First of all is your computer connected to a network with internet sharing?

You should also make sure you're joining servers which are being hosted in your region. Ping is what should we call the network latency, meaning that it's the time that it takes for the information or the data to travel between your PC and the game server. The longer the distance between you and the game server, the longer time it will take to travel between you and the host. As a result, you'll have a high ping, so make sure the game server is located in or at least near your region.

You should also make sure you're joining servers which are being hosted in your region. Ping is what should we call the network latency, meaning that it's the time that it takes for the information or the data to travel between your PC and the game server. The longer the distance between you and the game server, the longer time it will take to travel between you and the host. As a result, you'll have a high ping, so make sure the game server is located in or at least near your region.

yea, i always make sure i make my filter to US: West (I live in California).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back