TechSpot

CS:S problem

By JamesPromIII
Oct 26, 2008
  1. I've been trying to download the update for CS:S for a week now (I'm on 56k). I was just wondering how big the update is for it if i'm starting from just scratch and when I enter and exit Steam does it apply what i've downloaded so far?

2. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,273

There has not been an update for CSS for 3 months. Maybe it's just a STEAM bug? Try reinstalling CSS.

3. JamesPromIII

JamesPromIII TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 130

I've tried that twice, this is my second time but like I said i'm starting from just installing CS:S I was wondering how big the update is to get it up to date?

4. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,979   +362

Each time there is an update it will have to be downloaded in full before it is applied. I'm not sure how large the update file is but if you are reinstalling from scratch it can take a long time even on DSL.

5. JamesPromIII

I see, so I may never be able to play CS:S? All I want to do is be able to play offline

6. mailpup

There are two things that have to update. One is the Steam client and the other is the game itself. The game takes the longest to update. Is there a way you can let it update overnight, during the weekend for example?

7. JamesPromIII

I've tried to but i'm using juno and if i'm away from the internet for a certain amount of time it disconnects me, also i'm sharing a connection with my family and whenever someone signs on it disconnects me.

8. Acclamator

Acclamator TS Rookie Posts: 261

Just stay active on the PC and make sure nobody signs in.

9. mailpup

Once you do the initial updates you will be able to play CS: S offline. It's getting to that point that's the problem. If I'm not mistaken though, you can update a little at a time. That is, your downloading is cumulative. I think you can start and stop and resume later without having to start from the beginning.

10. mopar man

mopar man TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,379

Yes, I have done it before, and updates are cumulative!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.