Ctrl + Alt + Delete Will Not Bring Up Task Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

I am running Windows XP on a Toshiba Tecra Laptop. A couple months ago my supervisor "hooked" my laptop up to our work network, and ever since when I try to get to the task manager by Ctrl + Alt + Delete, another box comes up. This box has no title, but has the columns: User, ID, Status, Client Name, and Session. There is a user logged on, with an ID of 0, a status of active, and a session of console. The only options are to disconnect or logoff (both at the bottom of the box if you right click on user). I showed this to my supervisor, and he has no idea how to get me back to task manager. Anyone have any ideas?!

No, don't restore anything, there isn't anything wrong. That's just the mini-task manager or whatever it's called. Double click on the gray area near the top, it'll go back to normal. Also you're just looking at the User's tab, rather than Processes. :p

No, don't restore anything, there isn't anything wrong. That's just the mini-task manager or whatever it's called. Double click on the gray area near the top, it'll go back to normal. Also you're just looking at the User's tab, rather than Processes. :p

This is why I asked for a picture :p

I figured he was... yeah, double click around and it will expand :)

No problem Tmagic650. It's honestly a really dumb feature when you don't know about it. I remember years back I was in the same situation as the topic starter, I created a thread on a tech forum as well to get assistance. This feature is still included in Windows 7, I would have thought they'd remove it after so many people thought their task manager was broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back