Cubase sx 3.0 very odd extraction amount

By Chesta1485
Jun 17, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have Cubase, it's 2 gigs yet it extracts/installs as 150mb. Why is the iso image file 2 gigs when it installs 150mb?!
  2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff Newcomer, in training Posts: 8,165

I think you misread the installation instructions. They advise to have a minimum partition size for Windows, when you start afresh. Does the installation come in a tar or tar.gz type of file? They have extreme compression.
    If that is a downloaded iso, it probably includes someone else's projetc(s).
  3. Chesta1485

Chesta1485 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 16

Well actually the 2 gb file is a mdf image and a 4kb mds image file. It extracts to actually 1.2 gb and installs 150mb of cubase sx 3.0. I thought that was odd because i thought everything compressed in some format whould extract bigger then the original file size (2.0 gb extracts to more than 2.0 gb); (300mb exe; 100mb iso, would extract more than the original 300mb; or 100mb file size). I get it working fine though except i can't up date it from 3.01 to 3.02 version. Seems the update has no effect, but maybe that's because i used a crack before and that interferes with the update, not sure..but other than those two weird things it's workin fine.
  4. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff Newcomer, in training Posts: 8,165

As we are talking illicit software here I'll close this thread.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.