Culturally Unbiased IQ Test

hellokitty[hk]

I found an apparently "Culturally Unbiased" (wtf?) IQ test, and i'm interested on how everyone else does :).
Found it here:
http://www.gosugamers.net/warcraft/thread/410286/start/0

My score: 101 D:
Culturally%20Unbiased%20IQ%20Test%20-%20June%2013%2C%202009.JPG

Very interesting concept. I rushed through it because my little one was waking up, but got a 108.

It says 40 minutes, but I think I finished it in less than 10.

iq.png

Full disclaimer, I'm pretty drunk, I took it drunk. I'm not sure how much that will affect anyone's "IQ" though. I don't think it should, but after seeing some of those questions, I don't know man, you need to be pretty smart to figure that crap out. Not sure I could no matter how sober I was.

is.jpg

I came home decided to take the test, was out drinking, didnt know I'd have to come home to TS to lose my dignity:p

Wow this is the only IQ test I have ever seen that you cant get over 100 with by just hitting A for every answer but I can still get past 80 by doing abcdefgh over and over again. oh wait this one does not seem be so easy to get 100 by answering randomly...
http://www.iqtestforfree.com/

I got 114, and took around half an hour. Yeah I had tons of time to waste. ;)

@¼ of a hotdog, what a find! That test is incredibly accurate!

139 in real life, so this was somewhat disappointing. I do wonder whether their version of 'culturally unbiased' means something else entirely -- that is, simply 'different'.

I do wonder whether their version of 'culturally unbiased' means something else entirely -- that is, simply 'different'.

I think they call it culturally unbiased because it does not require any specific knowledge to take it and do well other than being able to read english. No two education systems teach the exact same things, so if the test had factual content, it would be unfair to some groups. It is purely a reasoning test, and that's why it is culturally unbiased.

Well, I took it again, because I was bored and I got a 130. I didn't think retaking it would make that much of a difference. Maybe I did better because I just ate...

I'm not nearly as smart as that test makes me look out to be. It seemed to me that it was mostly pattern recognition I.e. rotating angles, simple addition, repetition of images, etc.

I took a preliminary Mensa test, and those questions were significantly harder.

Attachments

• IQ-Test.jpg
    IQ-Test.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 6
Back