Custom built pc, boots fine, but no display picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so I put in a new p5k-c mobo, a used (tested) e6300 intel with a thermaltake max orb heatsink and fan, ati 2600 pro new, 160gb seagate hd new and 2 gb dual channel pc5400 ddr2 new. I hooked that all up and turn the power on the psu. i get a green light on my motherboard.i turn the computer on success everything powered on then it seemed like it restarted and booted again but the monitor did not turn on at all. any solutions for me ?

all my connections are set right for sure!

Cold boot to SAFE MODE to see if you get a low resolution on the screen. If so, you probably have a defective video graphics drivers.
Otherwise, you either have the wrong video graphics unit for that motherboard,,, or a defective one... I suspect your used one is used up.

i do not get a signal to my screen. but everything else seems to be working fine, like it should boot up but doesnt. screen just stays blackk

If you still get nothing in SAFE MODE, I would borrow another video card for a test. It is most likely that your video card is bad, if the borrowed card gives you a screen you can use..

"I do not get a signal to my screen. but everything else seems to be working fine, like it should boot up but doesnt. screen just stays black"...

How do you know if the system boots fine, when you see nothing on the monitor? If the motherboard has on-board video, remove the 2600 and see if the monitor displays anything. If it doesn't, the motherboard may be defective

i have tried a different monitor, no luck. tried a different video card, no luck. when i turn computer on i dont get any beeps and it seems like it starting like it should but no monitor signal. my led's on the motherboard indicate nothing is wrong. i got green lights...

Green lights on motherboards mean nothing but that the +5volts is present. Since there are many votages needed by the motherboard, and you have tried all things except resetting the CMOS, either the power supply is bad or the motherboard is bad... sorry for the bad news :rolleyes:

i have not tried resetting the cmos. do you think that is a possiblity as to why its not turning my monitor on? if so i will give it a try

Yes, try resetting the CMOS... as a last ditch effort. You should be able to get video right off the start of the system booting. Since you have tried a variety of video cards and you still have no video, I would bet that your motherboard is defective

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back