Custom built pc bsod problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, as you can probably guess I'm having bsod issues with a custom pc I built for a computer maintenance class. I'm not really sure what kind of information you need to help me out so I'll just post my minidumps and if you need anything else just let me know.

Note: Some of these dump files may show the same issue, so I apologize for any redundancy ahead of time, but I want to make sure I get everything taken care of.

-Thanks

Attachments

• 041110-32198-01.zip
    18.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 041710-29140-01.zip
    17.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 041810-25178-01.zip
    20.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 041810-25552-01.zip
    21.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 041910-25818-01.zip
    15.8 KB · Views: 0
First, welcome to the forums. I ran into the very same problem a number of years ago that brought me to these forums: new buiilt system by me that BSOD'd right from the get go.

What we need from you is the following:

1. Please take your individual minidumps and place the most recent 5 in one Zip file and then attach to your next post.

2. Give us your hardware specs in cluding make and model of motherboard, make of your memory and how much is installed, video card, etc. Include the OS you are running and any security software.

System specs:

Motherboard: Asus M4A790XTD evo

RAM: G. Skill 4GB DDR3

CPU: AMD Phenom 2X4 955 black edition

Graphics Card: Radeon 4850, made by powercolor

PSU: 750 watt

Running Windows 7 home premium 64-bit.

Need anything else let me know

Attachments

• Dump Files.zip
    93.9 KB · Views: 1
The two most important dumps are both error 0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
A system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues.

I say most important because they cite a definitive cause as being the AVG driver avgldx64.sys as the problem resulting in your system crashes. You can do one of three things:

1. Update the software.

2. Uninstall and reinstall.

3. Uninstall and try another security product (other than McAfee or Norton).

Ok thanks, I'll try that and see if it makes a difference.

Update: Updating AVG seems to have fixed the issue, at least for now. I'll keep a close eye on it. Thanks for the help.

Thanks for getting back to us, I suggest doing the normal things you do on this PC and let us know oif the stability continues.

By the way, love the choices you made for hardware. Is that psu a Corsair 750?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back