TechSpot

Custom PC

By xx_dodo_xx
Oct 15, 2008
  1. hey guys i need some advice :confused:
    im thinking of building a computer, nothing fancy or top of the line just something to replace an old Dell computer i have.
    i looked up a few components and i wanted to know what you guys thought about them. tell me if you guys have read any bad reviews or had any bad experiences with any of these

-Antec Nine Hundred Steel ATX Ultimate Gamer PC Case
    -Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe Green nVIDIA Socket Am2 ATX Motherboard
    -AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3.1GHz 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM2 89W Dual-Core Processor (Does the L2 Cache make a big difference? what would be better? This, or a 2mb L2 Cache but running at 3.0GHZ???)
    -CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 X 1GB) PC2-6400 800Mhz 240-pin CL4 DDR2 Dual Channel Memory
    -Geforce 9800 Gtx+ 512MB GDDR3 *im not sure about this one... im new to Nvidia so i have no clue what card is the card for me
    -RAIDMAX RX-630A ATX12V / EPS12V 630W Power Supply * this also im not sure of. anybody recommend a better one??

For the rest i have like hard drives and the Drives i just want to know about these so if anybody has any advice or input on these it would be appreciated.

2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,167   +37

A lot of those components are good and will do you fine. If you are not going to utilize SLi then I suggest another motherboard. It would help us to know two things:

1. Your budget.

2. What do you want to do with this PC, i.e. gaming, school work, etc?

3. xx_dodo_xx

xx_dodo_xx TS Rookie Topic Starter

ok yeah i forgot to mention my budget... but lets say around 700 to 750... i basically want to use this computer for some mid range gaming... nothing x-treme maybr run call of duty 4 with everything on HIGH =) thats my goal lol

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.