CyberPower now offers USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gb/s with its Gamer Xtreme PCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

CyberPower has announced that its Gamer Xtreme desktop series now offer USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gb/s connectivity as standard features. Customers can configure and order a Gamer Xtreme system with the next-generation interfaces today, with prices from about $750.

There are about eight stock Gamer Xtreme systems, all of which seem to be built around Intel's P55 chipset and Core i5/i7 processors. To select a system, head to CybePower's website, hover over "Intel Desktop" at the top, and then hover over "Core i5-i7 P55 PCs". After you select a machine, simply choose a motherboard with the next-gen parts (either the Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 or GA-P55A-UD4P).

Systems are highly customizable, and with the Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 I was able to configure a respectable PC for under $930. The build included an Intel Core i5 750, 4GB of DDR3 1333MHz RAM, a Radeon HD 5750, and a 500GB HDD -- not a bad deal if don't have the time to slap your own PC together.

Permalink to story.

I just checked this site out for the first time and configured a machine... gotta be the most competitive pricing I've seen on what looks like high end desirable configurations. I may even consider purchasing through them should the time come for me to get a new gaming machine - instead of building again. I'd have to find some testimonials from people who have actually dealt with them first, though.

My fairly well geared dual 5870 (crossfire) i7-920 (12 GB RAM) only totaled $2400 the way I'd configure it if on my dime. That's considerably less than I spent for my current gaming machine , though it's over 1½ years old now.

where are they getting the 58xx series cards from? the rest of us cant seem to beg, borrow,or steal them.

Not sure what you're talking about, red1776, I hijacked a shipment last week.

Jokes aside, I'm sure there is a perfectly logical explanation. Maybe the company just hasn't blown through its stock as quickly as retailers? Perhaps they have some kind of preferential treatment?

Matthew said:
Not sure what you're talking about, red1776, I hijacked a shipment last week.

Jokes aside, I'm sure there is a perfectly logical explanation. Maybe the company just hasn't blown through its stock as quickly as retailers? Perhaps they have some kind of preferential treatment?

of course I believe you are entirely correct, I just cant believe that this shortage and poor yield of the 40nm was completely unforeseen, i think there is some collusion going on here.......you really have a few in your trunk there Matthew??? :) :p

Have bought from this company and have had some bad issues.... Buyers beware!

After spending a good amount of time building a PC on their website and drooling over it, I went and did a quick search on reviews from people that have bought computers form them. The VAST VAST majority of customer reviews are horrible. Some of the stories I read, including a testimonial from a former employee are down right criminal/scary. I was super psyched to buy a cheap/beast computer after clicking on this link, but now I am just gearing up to build one myself. Every website and form I went to just had nothing good to say about the quality of these products.

http://www.epinions.com/Cyberpower_Inc_Online_Stores_Services

@red: Negative, I do not have any Radeon HD 5xxx cards.

@stwongbad85: You know, their negative reviews remind me a lot of a similar company named iBuyPower -- and if that's the case, buyers beware indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back