CyberPower now offers USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gb/s with its Gamer Xtreme PCs

By Matthew
Nov 17, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CyberPower has announced that its Gamer Xtreme desktop series now offer USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gb/s connectivity as standard features. Customers can configure and order a Gamer Xtreme system with the next-generation interfaces today, with prices from about $750.

Read the whole story
  2. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,199   +229

I just checked this site out for the first time and configured a machine... gotta be the most competitive pricing I've seen on what looks like high end desirable configurations. I may even consider purchasing through them should the time come for me to get a new gaming machine - instead of building again. I'd have to find some testimonials from people who have actually dealt with them first, though.

My fairly well geared dual 5870 (crossfire) i7-920 (12 GB RAM) only totaled $2400 the way I'd configure it if on my dime. That's considerably less than I spent for my current gaming machine , though it's over 1½ years old now.
  3. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,847   +64

where are they getting the 58xx series cards from? the rest of us cant seem to beg, borrow,or steal them.
  4. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,020   +83 Staff Member

Not sure what you're talking about, red1776, I hijacked a shipment last week.

Jokes aside, I'm sure there is a perfectly logical explanation. Maybe the company just hasn't blown through its stock as quickly as retailers? Perhaps they have some kind of preferential treatment?
  5. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,847   +64

of course I believe you are entirely correct, I just cant believe that this shortage and poor yield of the 40nm was completely unforeseen, i think there is some collusion going on here.......you really have a few in your trunk there Matthew??? :) :p
  6. Have bought from this company and have had some bad issues.... Buyers beware!
  7. stwongbad85

stwongbad85 Newcomer, in training Posts: 21

After spending a good amount of time building a PC on their website and drooling over it, I went and did a quick search on reviews from people that have bought computers form them. The VAST VAST majority of customer reviews are horrible. Some of the stories I read, including a testimonial from a former employee are down right criminal/scary. I was super psyched to buy a cheap/beast computer after clicking on this link, but now I am just gearing up to build one myself. Every website and form I went to just had nothing good to say about the quality of these products.

http://www.epinions.com/Cyberpower_Inc_Online_Stores_Services
  8. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,020   +83 Staff Member

@red: Negative, I do not have any Radeon HD 5xxx cards.

@stwongbad85: You know, their negative reviews remind me a lot of a similar company named iBuyPower -- and if that's the case, buyers beware indeed.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.