TechSpot

CyberPower unveils "world's fastest" gaming laptop

By Matthew
Jun 16, 2009
  1. CyberPower has introduced a new system to their Xplorer series of laptops, the X7-Xtreme S1. Living up to its name, the notebook will be the company’s first to feature Intel’s Core i7 920 processor and x58 chipset. As you’re probably assuming right about now, the Xtreme S1 is designed for graphically demanding video games and multimedia applications.

Read the whole story

2. Technochicken

Technochicken TechSpot Paladin Posts: 903

Aww, no dual GTX 280M's? =)

3. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,305   +52 Staff Member

LAWL.

12lbs and almost 2.5" thick.

4. "world's fastest" ? isn't a gaming notebook AT ALL it's a workstation made by CLEVO and re-branded by cyberpower

Alienware M17x (quad extreme, dual gtx280m) and Clevo M980NU (same specs) are the "world fastest" gaming laptops

/fail

5. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,074   +84 Staff Member

The real kicker is that the press release said it'd be great for students. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure some college kids would kill a man for this laptop - but it's hardly the most ideal candidate among other $2,000+ machines.

6. OLBY

OLBY TS Enthusiast Posts: 108

NICE LIL RIG

7. T77

T77 TS Enthusiast Posts: 315

nice cpu

8. ChrisDown

ChrisDown TS Rookie Posts: 125

Sweet Jesus, that's just not right. They've pretty much alienated just about every possible target market with that blow.

9. You are the one who fails. i7 extreme is also quad core based. Look at i7 extreme vs core 2 quad extreme benchmarks to realize that you are wrong.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.