D Link 4100 router problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just purchased a dlink broadband gigabyte gaming router and tried to hook it up and won't work. All lights are working correctly , but no connection. and even went throught internet connection wizard setup about 3-4 times but still no connection, but when i hooked up my siemens speed stream it works fine? THe product was described as plug and play and that was the only reason why i bought it. I'm a noob when it comes to stuff like this so any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

You have not configured the router for your Internet connection type. What kind of modem are you using? Cable? DSL?

snowman503 said:
i just purchased a dlink broadband gigabyte gaming router and tried to hook it up and won't work. All lights are working correctly , but no connection. and even went throught internet connection wizard setup about 3-4 times but still no connection, but when i hooked up my siemens speed stream it works fine? THe product was described as plug and play and that was the only reason why i bought it. I'm a noob when it comes to stuff like this so any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

You have DSL and you need to setup the DSL account information in your router.
User name and password.

Also you might need to update the firmware of the router from the dlink website first.

1. update the firmware
2. press the reset button on the router
3. configure the router for DSL
4. add your username and password for your DSL account
5. connect to the internet with the router

If you have problems with step 5 they're could be an issue with the new router?
Since you already ruled out that the DSL modem can connect to the internet bypassing the router altogether.

dlink 4100

Tmagic650 said:
You have not configured the router for your Internet connection type. What kind of modem are you using? Cable? DSL?
i have verizon broadband(fios) it doesn't have a modem, just a wire from a telephone port that runs to a verizon box on side of house.

snowman503 said:
i have verizon broadband(fios) it doesn't have a modem, just a wire from a telephone port that runs to a verizon box on side of house.

siemens speed stream you said you were hooked up to this.. I had Speed Stream DSL when I had SBC Yahoo DSL!.. If you got Fiber then then update the firmware to 1.9 or better for DGL-4100 and see if that fixes the issue you have. Or take it back and get the DGL-4500 (newer model)

Ok this Verizon box wire plugs into your computer directly for Internet connection right? Installing the router, you take the wire out of your computer and plug it in to the D-Link router. Take the (usually) blue wire and connect one end to the D-Link and the other to your computer. DSL Internet uses PPPoE settings in the router. Consult the D-Link manual for proper connection help

Dlink 4100

thanks guys i fixed it, i did a ipconfig release and renew and it worked?
man all this pc stuff is new to me lol im a noob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back