TechSpot

D-Link Software recognizing modem as Router, router not working

By jdtf
Oct 30, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. I have a significant problem with my computers not recognizing my d-link router. I screwed something up today and now my router won't work. I have had the router for years working just fine, but today I was trying to connect a new kindle which wouldn't connect to the Wi-Fi and I lost the router after screwing around with configuration.

Basically I've been trying to re-install the router, I changed the SSID but it appears the d-link quick router setup software recognizes the modem as the router and won't re-intall my router thus denying me access. Has anyone ever ran into a situation such as this? Please help...
  2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,368   +302

Find the reset switch (usually a smal hole and you press a paper clip into it for ~5sec).

That will bring it back to day-1 default settings.

Unless you are attaching to the modem/router using USB, there's no software to be installed
    (that's only used for USB) - -
    just cable the eithernet cable to a LAN port on the router and then you can configure it

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.