TechSpot

D5 pump noise

By DonNagual
Apr 29, 2016
Post New Reply
  1. Hello and thank you in advance. I've recently finished my first water cooled system. I'm extremely happy with it except for the amount of f noise the pump makes. Is it normal for a pump, specifically the D5 pump (connected to the photon 170 from xspc), to be vibrating so much it is audible? I have the dial set to two.

2. BMAN61

BMAN61 TS Member

This is not normal in my experience; I have the regular D5, and it doesn't make anywhere near enough noise to hear it through a side panel.

Generally D5 pumps are much quieter vs the DDC; so if yours is making that much noise check to make sure it's not sitting directly on the floor of your chassis, if it didn't come with some sort of padding, then I would go to the local hardware store and pick some up... you'll notice the difference right away.
    But; if the pump is already sitting on some sort of padding and making that much noise, I'd RMA it back to where you bought it and get another.