Daily BSOD "bugcod_usb_driver" on XP SP 3

Hello,
I've started recieving random BSOD over the last couple of weeks. Usually "bugcod_usb_driver"
This always seems to hapen when I'm connected to the net thru my USB wireless modem

I'm a complete Ludite, but have tried to research this on the net which has suggested it's a driver problem.
I've un-installed my wireless modem and then re-installed (after downloading new software from supplier) - no difference.
I've then un-installed / re-installed all the USB ports but no difference.

Is anyone able to tell me how to read mini-dumps to see if they can tell me the actual error and how to fix?
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Mini112610-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 2
  • Mini112410-08.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 1
Both errors are 0xFE: BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER

One dump specifically cited the driver cmusbnet.sys which is part of Cmotech USB NDIS Miniport Driver by Cmotech Co., Ltd.

This company manufactures wire/wireless telecommunications and other appliances. The issue could very be not with your suystem itself but what is connected to your system via USB.

HI there,
I've tried un-installing / re-installing my wireless modem that this driver is for ... unfortunately no difference :-(
Today I've bit the bullet and have fully reloaded XP..... and so far so good....

Back