TechSpot

Daily BSOD

By Timo_Styles
Jun 3, 2007
  1. I've been getting daily BSODs for a couple months now, probably 2-3 a day on average but sometimes in excess of 10. The problem seems to only occur when I'm watching videos or listening to mp3s at which point I get a blue screen and if I had some kind of audio going it turns into a grinding noise.

I've had some problems prior to installing Vista a couple months ago so I'm not sure if this is related to Vista at all.

I've tried a new video card, swapping my memory, memory tests, checked for overheating etc. all to no avail. The only thing I can think of at this point is to take a look at these minidump files but I don't know how to read them.

Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: 1000008e
    BCP1: C0000005
    BCP2: 00000000
    BCP3: 95A15B3C
    BCP4: 00000000
    OS Version: 6_0_6000
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 768_1

2. peterdiva

peterdiva TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,088

All the dumps are the same and the process is also the same, that being OneTouch.exe. This looks to be a OneTouch backup system for an external Maxtor disk drive. Do you have such a thing? If it's not necessary then you can try disabling the OneTouch feature to see if it's the problem.

3. Timo_Styles

Timo_Styles TS Rookie Topic Starter

I ran a diagnostic on my external HDD and apparently it needs to be serviced. Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.