Daily BSODs on Vista, error 0x50

By tealxsig
Apr 7, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Hey guys, so I've been getting daily BSODs for a while now and just started taking a look at it, if I am reading the mini dumps correctly, I think it says there is something wrong with some hardware labeled luafv+810d. I have no clue what this hardware is, can anyone help me by telling me what this is/how I could possibly fix it? I can't seem to compress the mini dump file enough to attach to this thread but here is a link to the file from my Dropbox account, but you have to remove the spaces:

http ://dl.dropbox .com/u/469 68384/MEMOR Y.zip

If anyone could please help me resolve this issue it would be awesome,

Thanks!
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,732   +156

You might have a virus or malware infection, but first go here:
    http://www.techspot.com/vb/menu46.html
    Do the memory and hard drive checks, and while your there, try reading the directions on how to attach the minidumps properly
  3. dernt

dernt Newcomer, in training Posts: 24

After looking at the mini dump it looks like the Avgidsfilter.sys file is corrupt. I found the following info on that file.

Avgidsfilter.sys with description IDS Application Activity Monitor Filter Driver. is a driver file from company AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. belonging to product AVG IDS.
  4. tealxsig

tealxsig Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Tmagic - I ran all of those and everything checked out, but I still kept getting daily BSOD

dernt - Thanks for looking into the mini dump! I'm going to completely remove AVG and hope that it works.
  5. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,732   +156

6. dernt

dernt Newcomer, in training Posts: 24

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.