Daily BSODs W7 x64 tcpip.sys

toxicious

I am getting really frustrated by those BSODs now. More than 2 times a day.
I have updated my network drivers to the latest version, but the crashes continues. I have also updated my sound and my video drivers (amd), but it still crashes.
I attached the three latest minidumps.

I really don't feel like re-installing my computer at the moment :(

EDIT: btw, I have all the updates and so on too.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    112.1 KB · Views: 2
tcpip.sys and Netio.sys which the latter was cited in as the cause of your issues are both Windows OS drivers that have to do with internet protocol. The thing with OS drivers is that they are often not the issue but point out that there is an issue without telling us what it is.

However, within each dump the ESET driver epfwwfp.sys was cited as not being able to load. ESET makes a very good product (I run their antivirus) but it appears that there is a conflict with this driver and the OS protocol drivers.

Update ESET and it that doesn't work uninstall and reinstall. You might want to run a virus scan as well.

If this still doesn't resolve it go Wildersersecurity.com forums which are the official ESET forums. They are very active and helpful.

* If none of the above resolves your issue there is then the possibility that your NIC card is bad.

Awesome, will try with updating ESET (installing their new RC atm :)).

Second question:

How did you read all that information, with what program?
For example the ESET driver thingy?

I don't want to get better than you, just expand my knowledge ;)

There is a tool developed by Microsoft called a Debugging Tool. When Windows shuts down and creates a Blue Screen (Windows is protecting your system when it does this) it writes a file containing error code and possible cause. There is quite a bit more information given but these are the more important facts given.

It is the symbol packages that you need for the Debugger that takes a long time to install.

Thank you for that information. I downloaded debugging tools and read the minidumps. I could read that it was probably because of Netio.sys as you said. But where did you read that the ESET module didn't load? :)

I updated ESET to the RC but the computer kept crashing. So I decided to completely uninstall ESET. It hasn't crashed for 48 hours now, if it doesn't crash until Sunday, I will install ESET 5 again and see if it starts (damn I love that AV) :)

Yeah, I know, I love that antivirus as well. I think you need to let the ESET Wilders Community Forums know what is happening.

Yeah I thought about it. Will register and post if the computer startes to crash when I install ESET again. If it doesn't well, then everything will return to normal (I probably had some old eset driver that wouldn't update or something).

Back