Daily BSODs Win7x64, page fault in non paged area and irql not less or equal

By nubkratos
Nov 18, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hello,

Monday i reinstalled Windows 7 64 bits Ultimate Edition after receiving new ram and new motherboard
    I have installed Windows 7 64 from USB device, and randomly i have BSODs, PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA and IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL , always caused by ntoskrnl.exe. ( Whocrashed says: "This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x705C0)
    )"

It occurs very rarely, not only when i am playing or using programs that use many ressources, It is very random.

I ran:

Memtest : 17 hours, 8 passes, no errors
    OCCT: 1 hours, no error, CPU Overclocked and not overclocked, RAM with 1600 Mhz and 1333 Mhz
    Furmark ( for GPU): 1 hours, no problems
    chkdsk: Done

I have checked tempsĀ° with AIDA64, no problems.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits, full retail.

CPU : AMD Phenom II X3 720
    PSU: OCZ ModXstream 500 W
    Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 6850
    ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB 3
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2*4 DDR3-1600 CL9
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,757   +156

You might have to play with the memory voltage or timings a bit, in the bios
  3. nubkratos

nubkratos Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Sorry I forgot the minidumps

Attached Files:

4. Tmagic650

once more :rolleyes:
  5. nubkratos

nubkratos Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Thank you for the quick response.

Should i increase or decrase DRAM voltage ? and timing? I'm actually at 1.55 V at 9-9-9-24
  6. Tmagic650

You probably have to choose manual and then just move the voltage up or down a notch or two. Experiment with the settings. Timing looks okay

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.