Daily selection of BSODs on Windows 7

I am getting 2, 3 or even 4 BSODs a day now and I have no idea what the problem is. It has been happening for a while but it used to be rarer.

Most of the time it says Driver IRQL not less or Equal other times it says service exception or exception not handled etc. I am relatively good on computers but this is beyond me.

It is crippling my ability to work with or enjoy my laptop. (Specs Below)

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name PCSBSOS69
System Manufacturer Acer
System Model Aspire 7738
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6600 @ 2.20GHz, 2200 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies LTD V1.13, 10/11/2009
SMBIOS Version 2.5

If you need any more information please just ask.

Thanks in advance for the help

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    190 KB · Views: 1
I read five of the six minidumps and all of them cite the same Windows OS driver afd.sys Usually OS drivers are too general to be of much diagnostic help.

However, in your case it probably is one of the uncommon exceptions as afd.sys is a system kernel driver, aka "AFD Networking Support Environment" and is part of the Windows TCP/IP stack.

In other words, this driver is important for networking. From researching corruption of this driver can be due to infection. So run a security scan.

Second, it is probably more due to your NIC drivers need updating. Go to Acer's website, find your exact model and update your wireless drivers from there.

Back