TechSpot

Dang it help

By Alex Clone
May 24, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey,
    For a while my Laptop has been overheating I guess and auto turning itself off.

I've read:
    techspot.com/vb/topic13759.html and it says safe made = 60-. I've downloaded a temp checker thing and its reaching 80+ degreese C.

Does anyone have any quick cooling suggestions while my new fan purchase(s) are on there way?
  2. Alex Clone

Alex Clone TS Rookie Topic Starter

ESoz 4 double post - Lag
  3. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 2,278

Getting a new fan is the best possible solution for a notebook, as they wear out and become less and less effective. If it's a newer laptop, you might be able to apply a better thermal compound to the CPU and heat sink. You could also check in BIOS to see if there is a setting for the fan that you can increase. Where the laptop is sitting also effects the temperature. For example, the computer will become hotter if placed on carpet opposed to a glass table top. (i.e. the carpet absorbs heat while glass dissipates heat).
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.