Data Recovery

By mpaisley88
Apr 3, 2008
  1. Ok this is probably gonna be a really dumb question but i'm not familiar with data recovery AT ALL. I was wondering if there's a program that can just restore my HDD back to the way it was. I can still access my files using programs like O&O and ZAR but I was wondering if I can just kinda undue my reformat?
  2. Matthew

    Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 5,240   +92

    If you haven't already installed an OS on top of the freshly formatted partition, you might be able to yeah. Otherwise, no, you can't.
  3. mpaisley88

    mpaisley88 TS Rookie Topic Starter

    and how would I go about doing so?
  4. Matthew

    Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 5,240   +92

  5. mpaisley88

    mpaisley88 TS Rookie Topic Starter

    I can recover files with that but I don't see an option to just revert the HDD back to an older state
  6. Nodsu

    Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837

    Uhm.. That's plain impossible unless you have a backup of the hard drive representing some older state.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Similar Topics

Create an account or login to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.