DataManager crash after log in (Windows 7)

Ever since I let my dad "clean up" my computer, every time I log in I get this message saying "DataManager has crashed". It's been getting worse and worse. Sometimes while I'm on my laptop for a bit, I get a second random application that crashes and now most of the time when I go on Youtube, Adobe Flash Player crashes!? Please give me a hand...

Sounds Like your dad deleted something he should have not. Is there away for you to go back to a windows restore point before he clean your Laptop. This may solve your problem.

This "clean up" happened about 5-6 weeks ago so I highly don't there is. But I don't know how to go back to a restore point so if you showed me how, I could check and see if I can indeed restore my laptop.

Ok click on on your start menu ,Go to the control panel . Then click on it . Once it opens. Click on recovery. Once this window open click on system restore. Once this windows opens .It will show Recommend restore and Choose a different restore Point. You want to use Choose a different restore point. This way if possible you can take it back before he clean it. Hope this helps

I've done a deep scan with Recuva but there are 320 000 files so I tried to remember the day my dad cleaned up which was around the end of June. I looked for dates around the end of June but there are still at least 5 000 files... :( What do I do.

What if I update my laptop, will it reinstall the program which is causing this.

Well the thing is that it's not only DataManager, now I have Adobe Flash Player crashing every time I watch like 4-5 videos on Youtube. I've been also noticing that when I log on the first picture of the slide show on my desktop background is all corrupted.

You may need to reformat and reinstall windows. Or at least run a repair on it. Sound like some of your files maybe corrupt. You have check to make sure their are no virus or spyware.

you should look at the EVENT VIEWER, find the SYSTEM or APPLICATION logs and look for those ERROR records.
They will tell you which program or dll failed or was not found. From there we can give better suggestions as to the course of action.

Jobeard, I check the error records and two different errors come from one "SideBySide" and the other error comes from "Application Error". Cobalt, Microsoft Security Essentials says there are no viruses.

Do as Jobeard says with With MSE. Plus what program is causeing your side-by-side warning in the Event veiwer. I had this with a program before and a simple update stop the problem. I like the information jobeard has posted for side-by side. At the time I had the problem I hunted all over the web Could not find any good information. This was back in Win xp first came out.

Just to make sure, you guys are suggesting that I install Microsoft Visual C++ and that I reinstall Microsoft Security Essentials, right?

I read the link for SideBySide and it said that Mirosoft Visual C++ would or should resolve the problem of SideBySide configuration

Back