DCOM and userenv errors

Gouge

I keep getting a DCOM error which re-boots my Windows XP SP3 PC. I didn't appear to have a proble prior to upgrading to SP3.

I've looked on the Event Viewer (Systems) and get this message:

"DCOM got error "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. " attempting to start the service WSearch with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{7D096C5F-AC08-4F1F-BEB7-5C22C517CE39}

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp."

The PC was idle at the time.

Also getting a "userenv" error message on Applications:

"Windows saved user MARTINPC\Owner registry while an application or service was still using the registry during log off. The memory used by the user's registry has not been freed. The registry will be unloaded when it is no longer in use.

This is often caused by services running as a user account, try configuring the services to run in either the LocalService or NetworkService account."

Can anyone suggest how I find out what is causing the problems and how to fix them, please? :(

I've gone to Windows Update after installing SP3 and installed everything it gave me.

I get regular automatic updates through on a weekly basis.

I went onto the website you gave, but when I tried to download FixCleaner, my ESET virus protector showed the website as containing harmful material.

"Access to the web page was blocked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. The web page is on the list of websites with potentially dangerous content."

"I tried to download FixCleaner, my ESET virus protector showed the website as containing harmful material"...

You have some serious issues with this computer. You should post over at the "Virus and Malware Removal" forum. Go to the 5-Step area first

"I tried to download FixCleaner, my ESET virus protector showed the website as containing harmful material"...

You have some serious issues with this computer. You should post over at the "Virus and Malware Removal" forum. Go to the 5-Step area first

I have recently spent weeks on the "Virus and Malware Removal" forum cleaning up my pc. It was declared clean only a few weeks ago.

I carry out the regular sweeps as recommended and all is ok.

The failure to access Fixcleaner is a problem identified with their website, not my pc.

I'll look to see whether another forum is more appropriate for my DCOM and userenv errors

Member has reposted and is being helped in the Virus and Malware Forum. If appropriate at a later time I will have him start a new thread in the most appropriate forum.

Back