DDR2 not registering correct value

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys pls help me on this one. My mobo is a gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6 and I put a 4gb DDR2 Corsair XMS2 memory. Now the problem is this, when I check my windows XP system info it only showed there that my RAM is only 2.75gb Why is that? Is there anymore software out there that is free, where I can use to find out the real score? Pls guys help, Im new in this stuff. And I work so hard to invest on my hardware, that I feel I bought a wrong or defective DDR2. I'll give you more details just ask away. :eek:

Unfortunately Windows XP 32bit can only detect about 3GB of memory maximum. Upgrading to Windows XP 64bit will allow you to have more than 3 GB. Your hardware is fine, you just need to up your OS.

It's a well documented issue, even the forums has a couple of threads on the subject. Search for 32 bit & 4GB, you'll get quite a few hits. In the end the only answer is to do what Whiffen says, upgrade to a 64-bit operating system if you system supports it.

Wow man!!!! Great help guys!!!! Finally I know the problem!!! MY eyes hurt and my head, coz of all the research Im doing. Now I can sleep peacefully. Mystery solved! Tnx to Whiffen and Didou!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back