TechSpot

DDRAM in ECS K7S5A Pro

By coolman
Jan 26, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi everybody,
    i have motherboard ECS K7S5A Pro.Never had a problem.I bought 1giga ddram for my mobo and it says in manual that this is also the max memory i can install.But appears that bios recognises the ddram but then the Windows hangs.I have been searching a lot and in one german forum they say that you can install 1 giga ddram but not in 1 piece.it means 2x512.I do some videos and i really need more than 512 i have now ,so do you guys know how could i solve that.I upgraded the bios already but still no success.My ddram is new and its right one for mobo(266 mhz).Anybody has any ideas?Thanks.
    i can always buy a new mobo but maybe somebody will have a cheaper solution :slurp:
  2. Justin

Justin TS Rookie Posts: 1,595

Are you running windows XP? If so, your best bet is to use 2 x 512mb, and return your 1gbyte stick. I built many systems from the k7s5a with 1GB and they worked ok.
  3. coolman

coolman TS Rookie Topic Starter

Yes Soul Harvester i use xp.Thanks for an answer.
    Well,to return is always a possibility but it will cost extra and this 1gb ddram was also cheaper than 2x512 ddram.I am now actually thinking anyway to change a mobo so i have more possibilitys.What do you think about Mainboard ECS L7S7A2 ?
    There are more possibilitys and i can use my old ddram there as well.costs 30 euro with sending home.
    Wish you no hardware problems :D
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.