DDRII Specs Unveiled

By SuperCheetah
Mar 31, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Here is a short and extremely technical sheet about what the specifications on the new DDRII memory will be like. Hope some of you can understand this, and it will peak your interest.
  2. svtcobra

svtcobra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 875

Why does that chart make DDR400 a better choice than DDR533? I must be reading it wrong..
  3. SuperCheetah

SuperCheetah Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 868

I think all the lower numbers for the DDR533 mean that it will be faster. That is how I'm reading it anyway. As for all the technical talk, it is too much mumbo jumbo for me to understand.
  4. svtcobra

svtcobra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 875

ahh..like a latency numbers the lower the better..makes sense.
  5. Arris

Arris TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,508   +81

Other related threads:
    Intel working closely with Jedec on DDRII specifications
    Information on the future of DDR (Wot no DDRII?)
    DDR00 out in April!!!

Guess that the information about there being no DDRII specification was misinformed even though it comes straight from the horses mouth so to speak (AMI2 - An industry partnership enabling memory solutions for tomorrow's technology, including infineon, samsung, micron, via etc...). Although I would like to know if DDRII specification means new onboard memory systems to use it? Will people who have just invested in a DDR333 board be able to use a stick of DDR400 with the DDRII specification?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.