Dead GFX Card and Need Help With Next Move

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJediSlayer

Hello,

Alright, I have a serous issue that is affecting me. Recently, my computer would not display any graphics, text, or what have you onto my main monitor. I suspected it might have been a bad GFX card, as a previous one, for the same computer, went bad on me, too, and had to be replaced. To make sure it was not a simple dead-cable issue, I connected the cable from my secondary monitor to the GFX card, and nothing would display on the second monitor, either. The only indication that I had that somethjing was remotely working, was that when I connected the cable from the secondary monitor to the GFX card. The monitor's led light would go from a solid orange to a bright green. However, it wouldn't display anything, just like my main monitor.

At this point I'm at a loss as to what else to do. I've taken the card in question out, reset it, took out the power pins and replugged them back in, too. If anyone could tell me what my next step of action should be, I would appreciate it.

The GFX card is an EVGA 9800 GX2

Tyler

P.S. Please let it be noted that the power pins for the GFX card all light up green. Thus indicating that they are supplying proper power to the GFX card itself.

You may have a simple power supply problem. Just because you have some green lights, doesn't mean that the supply is putting out all voltages or rated current

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back