Dead Space 2 launch trailer released

Emil

Staff

With less than two weeks to go until the launch of Visceral Games' science fiction survival horror sequel, Dead Space 2, a launch trailer has been released. The plasma cutter-wielding protagonist Isaac Clarke is ready to tear apart some new aliens.

The video, which has a very odd soundtrack, shows Isaac watching the infection caused by the mysterious Marker begin and spread, viciously fighting Necromorphs, as well as floating in Zero G. There will be plenty of human characters for players to interact with, along with the usual number of former humans:

Dead Space 2 will ship for the Xbox 360, the PlayStation 3, and the PC. The title is slated for release on January 25, 2011.

Permalink to story.

I played Dead Space and it was an excellent game except for the controls. I've never experienced such sloppy controls - in some cases near impossible to manage your character, especially in a firefight.

Hope they fixed that....

I love the game, and I like the song here, but is it me, or the song didn't fit the trailer AT ALL?

Yeah, TomSEA, I'm starting to play it and almost gave up to the game because of the controls. But I found this solution:

http://techreport.com/discussions.x/16061
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=121887

And the controls are now almost perfect with a mouse. It is great since the games looks very good but the controls where absolutely deal breaker.

Agreed with TomSEA - the controls were as bad as Resident Evil 5. I don't even know why I'm attempting to play it with mouse, should just get controller..

He was cool as the strong silent type in the first game. I knew they would make him talk in this one, but was okay as they said he wouldn't talk that much in part 2. It seems however, he's talking a bit much in the new game. Everything else seems epic.

Also, wow guys, I never had any problems with the controls.

Oh, and overused song much? geez. Still can't wait to play though.

the controls were fine... and the first game was nothing short of amazing if you ask me. needless to say i will be buying the sequel. i don't understand why they felt the need to add multilayer (other than the annoying trend) but the single player is looking solid, which is all i care really care about. hopefully it's not shorter than the first...

Back