Debugged a BSOD Need help to pin point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone at all see if there is a particular driver or .dll that is causing this BSOD?

Log attached. Thanks in advance. =)

hello

could you possibly attach your minidumps and not the log.txt of it please? you can fit 2 or 3 minidumps if you zip them then attach the zipped folder.

Ok.

I looked at the 4 minidumps you attached and all of them are saying the same thing

Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe ( nt!HvpGetCellMapped+5f )

All four of your minidumps are 0x8E errors. These are nearly always hardware compatibility issues (which sometimes means a driver issue or a need for a BIOS upgrade -- though a BIOS upgrade, In my opinion, should be a last resort).

Dumps 1 and 2 have this
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x8E

PROCESS_NAME: services.exe

Dumps 5 and 6 have this
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: COMMON_SYSTEM_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x8E

PROCESS_NAME: services.exe

Before I can try to help you further I need to know some information...

System specs:

When the crash usually happens:

Around when did the crash start:

Did you add any hardware or software that you can recall when this started happening:

Also have you done a scan for viruses/trojans adware/spyware/malware all that icky stuff? I can't be sure what's happening until I get the info I requested..but here is something I found just with a quick search.

Services (1)
Services.exe

(Microsoft)
Windows NT4/2000/XP/2003 only. This is the Services Control Manager which is responsible for starting, stopping, and interacting with system services. It’s full path as shown in The Ultimate Troubleshooter is either C:\WINNT\System32\Services.exe in Windows NT4/2000, or C:\Windows\System32\Services.exe in Windows XP/2003.

Recommendation :
An integral part of the operating system, leave alone.

Services (2)
Services.exe

If, regardless of which version of Windows you have, this task appears on the Startups tab of The Ultimate Troubleshooter, then you most definitely have a virus such as the W32.Ahker.B@mm virus.

If you have Windows NT4/2000/XP/2003 and the full path to this program on the Tasks tab of The Ultimate Troubleshooter is
C:\WinNT\Services.exe
or
C:\Windows\Services.exe
or
C:\Windows\inetg\Services.exe
or
C:\WinNT\inetg\Services.exe
or C:\Program Files\Common Files\Services.exe or
C:\Documents and Settings\ <anything_here>\Services.exe,

then you also most probably have a virus such as the W32.Netsky@mm or W32.Neveg.B@mm or W32.Conycspa@mm virus.

got that info from this site
http://www.answersthatwork.com/Tasklist_pages/tasklist_s.htm

Oh yeah and here is some info about ntkrpamp.exe.

ntkrpamp.exe is a process associated with Microsoft® Windows® Operating System from Microsoft Corporation. ntkrpamp.exe should not be disabled, required for essential applications to work properly.

Well its for a buddy of mine. Im not entirely sure on his specs. It started happening after he installed avast anti virus, installed the professional version by mistake so he uninstalled, then rebooted and the BSOD started happening.

Prior to that in the same day but after a reboot windows live one care was uninstalled. I thought myself it was something to do with the services.exe & ntkrpamp.exe

Gosh im not so dense after all !!

this task appears on the Startups tab of The Ultimate Troubleshooter, then you most definitely have a virus such as the W32.Ahker.B@mm virus.

The Ultimate Troubleshooter - What is this ?

Thanks for your time and effort

hey, np at all

Jaysta,

You are quite welcome and I hope we can get this taken care of.

The Ultimate Troubleshooter is a program I haven't heard of until I found that page. They want you to pay roughly $30.00USD so I say Bah!! There has to be another way!!

I have never used this, but found it in a search..
http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/files/ntkrpamp/
Aparently you can do a free scan of ntkrpamp.

Is your friends PC able to boot up or does it BSOD and keep restarting?

I recently had a friend who was having BSOD's because of avast, however the DMP files were citing the avast files not the ones stated in your minidumps.

Personally I do not care for Avast, but that's just my opinion..I will search around for possible causes/fixes and consult a friend or 2 and see if we can't come up with something.

Here is a link for a decent free online virus scan.

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

I will check back here every couple mins while searching/consulting friends.

one option

Aparently this BSOD can be caused by faulty ram as well. Have you ran memtest on it?

If not http://www.memtest86.com/download.html

Also since he uninstalled avast and this started happening..try this..go here http://www.ccleaner.com/ and download the program...completely uninstall Avast (you'll reinstall it later if you want) after Avast is gone and you have rebooted..install and run CCleaner. I will keep looking around..I'd say try the uninstall avast/CCleaner first..if that doesn't work run memtest for at least 2 hours..the longer the better

I had forgotten about CCleaner until a friend reminded me he used it to fix a BSOD error he had.

Ultimate Troubleshooter $30 pffft. There is another way ;)

Yeah mate already done the cc cleaner and downloaded and ran errorsmart. Cleaned up everything on there. Still the same thing..

It gets into windows and as its loading startup items is when it BSOD. I will give that mem tester a bash when he gets back online. (his other pc) we can get in in safe mode and play still.

thanks again bro =)

Regcure is a good program too, sent you a PM with the link and directions on how to scan and manage startup items since you can get it in safe mode. Hope it helps..if not let me know and i'll keep on wracking my brain.

Of course you know there is always the option of Backup/format/install heh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back